Churches Together for Eastbourne is a simple idea to help churches to fulfil the mission of Christ in Eastbourne and area.
- It is shaped by the conviction that partnership of churches in the mission of Christ is God’s will, attracts the blessing of God and helps all to be more effective.
- It is not about unity for its own sake but is about unity in the common vision to fulfil the mission of Christ
- It is not an organisation you join. It is an idea, a movement, an initiative. Its dynamic is the growing relationship between churches in local areas of Eastbourne, together with other expressions of the Christian community such as chaplaincies and agencies who are represented on the CTfE Core Group.
Within the main vision and principles of CTfE, each local area group is free to develop according to its own vision and circumstances.
Local Church leaders meeting to pray together has proved to be an excellent foundation for harmonious co-working. As well as area group prayer gatherings there are monthly prayer occasions for all church leaders in the whole area.
CTfE comprises five autonomous area groups:
- Eastside Churches
- Hampden Park Churches
- Old Town Churches
- Town Centre Churches
- Polegate, Willingdon & Jevington Churches
Each area group takes responsibility for building relationships between churches so that Christ’s mission in their area can be more effective.
A Core Group encourages the CTfE vision, It comprises representatives from each area group plus co-opted members representing chaplaincies and Christian Agencies.
The Core Group
- provides a point of liaison between area groups
- provides a town wide voice for Christians and Churches
- can represent Eastbourne churches with local government, partnerships and statutory agencies
- arranges occasional town wide events or initiatives
- can respond to approaches seeking to engage Eastbourne churches